Shadows Gather Darkly
Emporium - Luxuries
|Item||Cost||Wgt||Avail.||Item||Cost||Wgt||Avail.||Blessed Water (vial)||25 GF||lb||Scarce||Reliquary, plain||50 GF||5-10 lbs||Rare||Reliquary, ornate||500 GF||10-20 lbs||Rare||Blessed Relic, small||100 GF||2 lbs||Rare||Blessed Relic,large||1,000 GF||5-20 lbs||Very Rare||Tinderstick / Fire Inch-Stick||1 GF||Rare||Vitriol, Blue or White (jar)||10 GF||1 lb||Rare||Vitriol, Yellow (vial)||100 GF||5 lbs||Very Rare||Vitriol, Green (vial)||50 GF||5 lbs||Very Rare|
Jewellery is a great way to accentuate a person’s good looks, present loyalties or faith, or display one’s wealth. Few people, however, can afford the expense of a gold ring, silver bracelet or ivory torc.
The base prices below are for items made of copper or bronze.
|Item||Cost||Wt||Description||Armband||25 GF||1/2 lb||Wide metal clasps that fit over the upper arm.||Beads||5 GF||1/3 lb||String set with decorative beads of small plaques||Bracelet||8 GF||1/3 lb||Slender chain worn on the wrist or ankle (anklet).||Brooch or Pendant||20 GF||1/3 lb||Comb||10 GF||1/10 lb||Crown||50 GF||1/2 lb||Solid metal circlet for the head, made from a simple metal||Earring||12 GF||1/100 lb||Includes a nose ring||Fibula||18 GF||1/5 lb||Resembles a large safety pin. Used as a fastener and an ornament||Locket||15 GF||1/5 lb||Necklace or neck chain||30 GF||3/100 lb||A slender chain of metal.||Ring||15 GF||1/10 lb||Torc||35 GF||2/5 lb||Sold metal neckpiece, popular in the Kell world|
- Size: jewellery can be made larger, increasing weight and cost proportionately. Indeed, most jewellery is larger – the items on the table above are small examples of their kind.
- Decorations: any option for decorating equipment that suits hard or metal goods can be applied. Apply cost modifiers before applying the cost of materials.
- Materials: Jewellery can be made from materials other than copper or bronze.
- Lesser materials: with the exceptions of chains and fibulas, the other items can be made from carved wood, bone, shell or ceramic and held together with fabric or cord. Cost x0.6
- Precious Metals: Weight x1.15 for silver, and x2.1 for gold. Multiple the item’s weight for silver 1000 GF or 9000 GF for gold and add this to the final cost of the item.
- Stones: Jewellers have started to put gemstones on settings backed with polished silver foil to make them appear more luminous with reflected light. Add the cost of the stone onto the final cost of the piece of jewellery, and multiply the cost (prior to adding cost for materials) by 2 for fabrication costs.
|Settlement||Item is…||Village||Large Village||Small Town||Town||Major Town or City||Very Rare||1%||5%||5%||10%||25%||Rare||3%||7%||10%||15%||30%||Scarce||5%||10%||15%||25%||40%||Average||10%||20%||27%||35%||55%||Common||20%||35%||45%||50%||80%||Plentiful||35%||60%||65%||70%||100%|